Friday, August 5, 2011

she's not a saint, and she's not what you think

I'm slightly freaking out right now. Kind of in a good way, kind of in an "I have no idea what's about to happen in my life" kind of way.

BSF (aka Bible Study Fellowship) starts in FIVE WEEKS!!!!!! Only five weeks!!!!!! I'm never going to make it!!!!!!!! In case I have neglected to mention, since I do not update this blog often enough at all, I am going to be a leader for the young adult BSF class in Dallas at Park Cities Baptist on Thursday nights from 7-9. (If anyone wants to come, I just gave you the details. COME!!! IT IS SO WORTH IT!!!!!) BSF starts September 15, and I am going to be a leader. Even though I've been in BSF my entire life, I'm beginning to think I may be in over my head here. I haven't fully participated in a BSF study since high school. I did about six weeks of the John study in '09 and about six weeks of Isaiah this past May. Other than that, I haven't been in BSF since I was 18. It's been nearly FIVE YEARS!!! Holy crap!!!!!!

What have I committed to? What have I said I would agree to? I can't do this. I can't. I'm not good enough. I'm a little flaky when it comes to stuff like this. I don't have the answers. I rely on the notes and on my mom very heavily............and naturally therein is the problem. I'm not relying enough on the Holy Spirit to help me. Not just with the answers, but with my leadership. This bit of panic that I'm having means nothing. I'm doing exactly what God wants me to do. If He doesn't want me to be in BSF leadership, He won't let me.

But seriously. YOU NEED TO COME TO BSF!!!! No matter where you live - there are classes EVERYWHERE. Wherever you live. I'm not kidding. Go to bsfinternational.org and you will find a class near you! Men's, women's, young adults, if you need child care or want your child to be in the children's program, there is a class that you can go to! Morning, evening, maybe even afternoon classes, seriously. There IS a class that will work for you! And you should go. You should go. BSF is a life-changing Bible study. It takes a passage of Scripture and tells you exactly how it can be applied to your life right now. Whatever you're going through, there are ways to apply these Scriptures to your life. Even Scriptures like Obadiah, Leviticus, Numbers, and Haggai, as well as the gospels of John and Matthew, and the writings of Paul. God will open your eyes to countless things you never knew, about Him and His Word and your own life and your own relationship with Him and your relationships with others. I'm not kidding. Please, please, please consider this. This year's study is Acts and Paul's Letters. Classes start the week of September 12. PLEASE consider going to BSF and/or putting your kids through it as well!!!!!

Was that enough of a plug for BSF? I really, really, really hope so.

I feel so humbled and so honored and so privileged to be a leader this year!!!! I can't wait to see what God has in store for our class. Something tells me this school year is going to be very interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment