Tuesday, September 4, 2012

I don't have time to maintain these regrets when I think about the way

Oh, the sweet simplicity of genuine transparency!

Is the grass really greener on the other side?
Never know until I see it with my own eyes

Repentance must be real
Sorrow, sorrow must be great
Heartache must be felt
For these worldly chains to break


Thank you once again to Ashley Jones for summing up my exact feelings right now.  Oh, the sweet simplicity of genuine transparency!  To be real with someone, to say what needs to be said...and the feelings that come when you realize you didn't say everything that needed to be said, you don't understand the answers given, that that transparency is actually translucency, which on second thought will not do.

Is the grass really greener on the other side?  I will never know until I see it with my own eyes.  And I can't see well enough through the translucency.  I can see something, but I can't tell what yet.  I need to know, and I need to see it with my own eyes.

Heartache must be felt for these worldly chains to break.  Brokenness.  Something I know very well, yet when I think of all the ways I could have been broken, I feel like I barely have a scratch on me.  Other people experience more heartache in their lives than I could ever stand.  Other people could live through multiple experiences, the least of which could absolutely crush my soul, kill my spirit, wound me beyond repair.  Heartache must be felt for these worldly chains to break.  My heart aches right now.  I'm tired, I'm so tired, and not just because it's nearly two in the morning.  Not just because I haven't slept well in weeks.  My heart is so full.  There is too much on my mind.  I can't bear it.  I can't bear it. 

28 Come to me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. 29 Take my yoke upon you, and learn from me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. 30 For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.”  ~Matthew 11:28-30, ESV

I know what I've agreed to.  I know what I've said, I know what I've promised.  And I know beyond the shadow of a doubt that I'm where I'm supposed to be, accomplishing what I need to accomplish.  I know!  I'm sure of it! 

I just can't help longing for the sweet simplicity of genuine transparency.

I wonder when I will ever see the other side with my own eyes.

I wonder when these worldly chains will break.

No comments:

Post a Comment