Friday, September 28, 2012

I'm just crackers about cheese

1. Pick 20 of your favorite movies.

2. Go to IMDb and find a quote from each movie.

3. Post them here for everyone to guess.

4. Strike it out when someone guesses correctly, and put who guessed it and the movie.

5. NO GOOGLING or using IMDb search or other search functions. DON'T CHEAT!


1.  I made a promise, Mr. Frodo.  A promise.  "Don't you leave him, Samwise Gamgee."  And I don't mean to.  I don't mean to.

2.  And though I'll think of you, I guess, until the day I die, I think I miss you less and less as every day goes by, Johanna...

3.  Rapunzel?  Did I ever tell you I've got a thing for brunettes?

4.  "Gesundheit."
"That's the nicest thing anybody's ever said to me!"

5.  The peasant!  At the diner!  ...He didn't pay his check.

6.  I want adventure in the great wide somewhere! I want it more than I can tell!  And for once it might be grand to have someone understand - I want so much more than they've got planned...

7.  Um...you...you fight good.

8.  Oh well.  What's a royal ball?  After all, I suppose it would be frightfully dull, and boring, and completely...completely wonderful.

9.  So long...pardner.

10.  "You read my diary?"
"At first I did not know it was your diary, I thought it was a very sad, handwritten book."

11.  "How do I look?"
"Like a new mom.  Scared shitless."

12.  "So what do you recommend to encourage affection?"
"Dancing.  Even if one's partner is barely tolerable."

13.  I do not envy you the headache you will have when you awaken.  But for now, sleep, and dream of large women.

14.  You have no soul, Henslowe, so how can you understand the emptiness that seeks a soulmate?

15.  Up where the smoke is all billowed and curled, 'tween pavement and stars is the chimney sweep's world.  Where there's hardly no day, nor hardly no night.  There's things half in shadows, and halfway in light.  On the rooftops of London - coo - what a sight!

16.  Well, because he thought it was good sport.  Because some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money.  They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned or negotiated with.  Some men just want to watch the world burn.

17.  "William's just turned down Anna Scott."
"You daft prick."

18. "What are you doing? Get up! You can't sit there! GET UP! "
"Why not? It's a chair."
"No, that. It is not a chair. T-that... that is Saint Edward's chair."
"People have carved their names on it."
"That... chair... is the seat on which every king and queen has... That is the Stone of - you ah-are trivializing everything. You trivialize..."
"It's held in place by a large rock. I don't care about how many royal arseholes have sat in this chair."
"Listen to me. LISTEN TO ME!"
"Listen to you? By what right?"
"By divine right if you must, I am your king."
"No you're not, you told me so yourself. You didn't want it. Why should I waste my time listening?"
"Because I have a right to be heard. I have a voice!"
"...Yes, you do. You have such perseverance Bertie, you're the bravest man I know."

19.  If we went to a Halloween party dressed as Batman and Robin, I'd go as Robin.  That's how much you mean to me.

20.  Harry, you are so loved.  Mama loves you.  Daddy loves you.  Harry, be safe.  Be strong.


Well, there you have it.  Twenty of my favorite movies.  Now I want to watch ALL of them again...

No comments:

Post a Comment