Sunday, August 23, 2009

It was something like but not necessarily Schindler's List

When I was about fourteen, I started collecting...quotes!!! Yes, quotes. Funny quotes, inspiring quotes, Bible verses, anything that struck me as worthy of remembrance. I still have said journal, and I would like to share with you some of my favorite quotes from it.

"I am sorry for the men who do not read their Bible every day. I wonder why they deprive themselves of the strength and pleasure." ~Woodrow Wilson
^it makes me really happy to think that we have had such men as leaders of our country!

"If the Lord comes back at 4:30 in the morning, I'm going. I may be there two hours before I realize what's happening...but I'm going!" ~Mark Lowry

"I love California, I practically grew up in Phoenix." ~Dan Quayle

"Last week I ate a 5th Avenue bar on 5th Avenue while little kids eating Snickers bars snickered at me. It was probably that whole 'irony' thing." ~John Gephart

"I always wanted to be somebody. I should have been more specific." ~Lily Tomlin

"I love mankind - it's PEOPLE I can't stand." ~Charles Schulz

"Probably the saddest thing you'll ever see is a mosquito sucking on a mummy. Forget it, little friend." ~Jack Handey

"If I die before my cat, I want to be cremated and then have some of the ashes sprinkled in his cat food, so that I can live inside him." ~Drew Barrymore
^?????

"I saw a woman wearing a sweatshirt with 'Guess' on it. I said, 'Thyroid problem?'" ~Arnold Schwarzenegger

"Don't worry that the world will end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia." ~Charles Schulz

"Every guy would love to settle down with the bootylicious Beyonce. Not only because she's hot, but who wouldn't want to say, 'And this is my fiancee, Beyonce.'" ~Michael Finley

"Preach the gospel at all times, and, when necessary, use words." ~St. Francis of Assisi

"You can't get a cup of tea big enough or a book long enough to suit me." ~C.S. Lewis

"What's a brothel? Is that a soup place? You know, like a chicken brothel?" ~Noveen Fatima


Well, I hope you laughed. I hope maybe your thoughts were slightly provoked. I really haven't got much else to say today, other than that GOD IS SUCH A WONDERFUL PROVIDER!!! I've been looking everywhere for red shoes and a white cardigan, and I finally found them thanks to my mom, who wasn't even looking for them.

Perfect way, perfect timing. What more can I say?

Don't forget to pray for Brad Pitt!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment